Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!
















Dear friends/fellow traders,

Happy Thanksgiving! The long weekend is coming to an end, and everyone is getting ready to get back to work. I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey dinner, and be grateful for having their loved ones in their life. Thanksgiving is one of the days in my life where I really sit down and quietly give thanks for all the great things that have been given to me in life (not yet the Lamborghini in the photo of myself at the Ferrari/Maserati showroom at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas, but not far ahead). Speaking of the photo, I've decided to post the most recent photo of myself so that everyone knows exactly who is writing all these posts! Feel free to contact me at commercedragon@gmail.com at any time if you have any questions or comments that you want to direct to me personally (without posting it in the blog).

Now let's get back to foreign exchange. The upcoming week (October 8 - October 13) is going to be a very important week for the Dollar and the Yen. Last Friday's US Non-Farm Payrolls Data upside surprise and North Korea's underground nuclear test has driven the USD/JPY to new highs ever since the sharp drop in mid-April this year. Whether this bullishness will continue is dependant upon key fundamental data to be released this week for both the US and Japan. Data to watch closely would be the Trade Balance and Retail Sales numbers. A growing trade deficit and/or waning consumer strength could bring an end to the recent Dollar bullishness. To keep up to date on the latest news and economic calendar, check out http://www.dailyfx.com.

If you haven't opened a trading account already, I'll go into detail on how you can do so, along with the FX retailers which I find to be good. There are many FX retailers that offer demo accounts where you can practice with "play money". That way you can practice trading without actually risking any capital. Again, I'll go into more detail later on.

Stay tuned...

To your success,
Dickens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home